Our Middle School students consistently shine in the annual St. Pius X High School Academic Rally, Strake Jesuit High School Prep Bowl, St. Thomas High School Speech Tournament and the St. Agnes Math Competition.
7th and 8th Grades also compete in the “Do The Write Thing Challenge”, and have earned citywide recognition.
Over 40% of St. Theresa 7th Graders annually qualify to participate in the Duke TIP program, in which our students have won state recognition honors.
Forensic Speaking at St. Theresa encompasses all styles of speech, and our students have been very successful during the twelve years that the program has been in place.
Our students practice and compete in the following:
- Duet and Group Acting
- Impromptu Speaking and Acting
- Prose and Poetry Interpretation
- Spanish Poetry Interpretation
- Humorous and Extemporaneous Speaking
- Original Oratory (speech making)
- Dramatic and Humorous Interpretation
- Scripture Interpretation